We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Friday, November 2, 2012

Meyer Lemon Harvest

I just harvested my first Meyer Lemon. I have 10 left on my 3 foot tree that are still turning yellow, and I would like help with what I should do with all of these lemons. The challenge will be that most of the lemons will be ready to harvest at one time. What do I do with 10 lemons???? Help.







I

10 comments:

  1. You can always make lemon preserves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny do you have a good recipe??

      Delete
    2. try this one: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/meyer_lemon_marmalade/

      Delete
  2. Lemon bars!! Emily Luchetti's recipe calls for 1 cup plus 2 tbl juice. You can also zest and juice them and freeze for later use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, first person I have known to grown lemons. How old is the tree and how long did it take to produce lemons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased the tree last year from Four Seasons. It is 3 feet tall and probably a 2-3year old tree from the nursery when purchased. So it is now 3-4 years old.

      Bye the way, it stays indoors October-May and then I carry it outside where it sits on our patio the rest of the year. I had lemons in less than a year.

      Delete
  4. I take part in TWD-Baking with Julia. My first post was for a rewind, so I made the Lemon Loaf Cake in the book. And then I made the Lemon Curd recipe in the book too. Both were really good and I totally recommend. I actually toasted pieces of the loaf and put lemon curd on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/Clever-Chicks-Blog-Hop-12.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete