We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Pimento Cheese Dip- great for New Year's Eve or Game Day

I made this dip for an after Christmas party and the bowl was scrapped clean.



Pimento Cheese
Yield: About 1 pint (serves 4 as an appetizer)

Ingredients 
2 cups sharp orange cheddar, grated (8 oz.)
½ cup Duke’s mayonnaise ( Duke's is preferred and start with 1/4 cup and add more, if need be)
½ cup pimiento peppers, drained and chopped (7-oz. jar)
¼ cup green onion, chopped (use both the green and the white parts)
1 tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cayenne
Dash of Tabasco
1 tsp. horseradish ( optional -but I would definitely add it. I am just saying.)


Preparation
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir with a rubber spatula. Serve immediately with crackers, or cover, refrigerate, and let flavors marinate. I know this us atypical, but the Nacho chips that are shaped as dippers are great with this dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment