We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, August 21, 2016

More Basil with Great Garlic, Makes Bunches of Pesto

Well this may not be the best photo of pesto that I just made and placed in the freezer, but it gives you an idea of what is going on. I had a bumper crop of basil this year. The garlic was the best crop ever. So I made more pesto. I have lost track of how many packets I have frozen, but I believe it is over 20.

I was lucky because where we live basil sometimes does not do well. I still have more in the raised beds that I could process into pesto. It is so wonderful to have this in the Winter over pasta or mixed in with vegetable soups. I cannot imagine how much this would cost fresh in the stores , but my guess is over $100. What a deal making your own from the garden.  I need to place my order for garlic soon to plant. It is the easiest crop ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment