We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, September 15, 2013

Last of The Tomatoes

I am starting to cleanup the garden and I pulled up all of the tomato plants, and harvested what was left on their vines.

I still have one raised bed with kale, carrots and basil. The basil has done very well this year and I have frozen plenty of pesto for the winter. The cabbage crop did not do so well.. As I stated before, I had an overabundance in the cabbage department last year and this year zero. Eggplant is just finishing up and has been a winner.

Most gardeners complain of too many cucumbers and zucchini. I just do not have very good luck with them and may not plant them next year. Projects moving forward: cleaning up the garden so it is ready for spring planting!


No comments:

Post a Comment