We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tomatoes

I was out weeding and working in the garden and guess what. I have a few green Roma tomatoes. The garden is doing so well this year, I hope it contines in that direction.


The scapes are about ready and I usually use them in stir fry, but if anyone has a better idea on how to use garlic scapes I would love to hear about it.

7 comments:

  1. Have you tried to make pesto put of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Jenny do you have a good recipe?

      Delete
    3. I use parsley, basil and scapes in equal portions and put it through blender like a regular pesto. But you can also try a dressing that Daphne has on her site: http://daphnesdandelions.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-to-do-with-garlic-scape.html

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see that 1st green tomato - it's one of those exciting moments in the garden! My scapes are not up yet but hopefully soon. Last year I used scapes in a salad dressing & it was amazing. I'll be doing a scapes post soon & am planning to include the recipe. Also, they are super easy to freeze, if you can't use them all since they do tend to come up all at once. Just wash, cut up & put in a zip lock baggie - no blanching or other processing needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait for your post. Your salad dressing sounds interesting.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete