We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Wednesday, March 8, 2017

King Arthur Baking Challenge

A couple times a week I receive e-mails from King Arthur and frankly I typically do not read them. However, I came across one titled Baking Challenge.

This blog was initially started when I joined the Tuesday's With Dorie/Baking With Julia ( Child) challenge a few years ago. We were required to post our monthly bakes and preferably provide photos. It really was a lot of fun. Well the recipe for this month at King Arthur was for a Butterflake Herb Loaf, and the loaf is better even the next day. It is unbelievable and easy to make. The recipe makes two loafs and I decided to take liberties with the second loaf and created a Butterflake Sugar and Cinnamon Loaf instead of an herb version. My of my--can we say delicious??

This is what the loaves looked like before baking.


If you would like the recipe with great comments and tips, go to the King Arthur site by clicking here.

This is the Herb Loaf and we will be having it with steak tonight for dinner.




This is the last section of the Cinnamon Loaf. Ninety percent of it has been eaten. So the photo does not really do it justice.

This recipe is truly worth trying.




4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. This looks amazing. I'll check this out (and let 2nd Man know!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a Kitchenaid mixer with a dough hook, it makes easy work of creating these loaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome! I have a real weakness for cinnamon breads, well for any homemade bread really. I love King Arthur recipes because I always get great results with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. King Arthur's Monthly Baking Challenge is really terrific and I hope to be baking once a month and posting my results. Dave, I love your blog and it is so helpful to me since we are in the same zone. Look forward to your future TV appearances.

      Delete