We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Monday, April 3, 2017

Latest in The Garden

Yesterday I planted  Sweet Peas and built a trellis for the flowers to climb up. I absolutely love this flower, but it can be a challenge to grow because our cool weather can go from cool to hot very quickly.

I also noticed that the peonies  are coming up.  Some folks do not like them because of the ants that are attracted to them, but they have the most gorgeous flowers. I would love to have a huge arrangement of them in a vase. See photos below of the peonies coming up through the soil.
I also added a photo of a Mohawk Viburnum flower. Pretty soon the Viburnums will be covered with these. By mid May I should be planting vegetables in my raised beds.




No comments:

Post a Comment