We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Friday, January 27, 2012

Tuesdays With Dorie: Baking With Julia

To be able to be a member of the Tuesdays With Dorie: Baking With Julia baking brigade one must have the Baking With Julia cookbook. I went to Amazon and ordered a used one through one of Amazon's affiliate bookstores. It is taking forever to get here.I actually ordered it around the 16th and it has made a bazillion stops according to the tracking record. However, it is getting closer. It is now at the US Post Office in Northern Kentucky. Hope it gets here within a day or two. Otherwise it would be quicker for me to hop in the car and just pick the thing up. I know patience is a virtue. But I want to start baking.

I have also changed my my mind on what I am going to bake. For February, we could bake either white bread or the chocolate tart. When I read the recipe a friend had for the chocolate tart, it had more butter in it than dairy farms of Wisconsin and a lot of eggs, plus a chocolate filling and chocolate crust. It was a tad over the top for me. Although I normally am not a fan of plain white bread, everyone has raved about this recipe and it makes great French toast. White bread it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment