We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, January 4, 2014

Snow and Seed Catalogues

We are supposed to get more snow on Sunday and then a cold wave should start to come through. That is a perfect chance to look through all the seed catalogues. Baker Creek and Territorial Seed are in reach as I blog. However, at the end on the 2013 season, I purchased many packs of seeds at 90% of. Zinnias, carrots, basil, lettuce, radish, and others. So I may not need to purchase much. With that said, I would love to try something new in the vegetable department. Any ideas. Last year my new adventure was garlic and it was a great crop. What new seed adventure should I try in 2014?




4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed planting asian greens like bok choy...Also, leeks and fennel were delightful too.

    Happy New Year. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ideas. I am wondering if leeks take extra work. Need to research that.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Velva. I'm thinking of researching leeks. I get my onions from Dixondale and have done really well. I cooked with leeks for the first recently and reallt like the milder taste. Not sure they would do well here but it might be worth a shot.

    Never tried Bok Choy. Maybe I should?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tami I have never tried Dixondale. I need to look into that.

      Delete