We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, March 24, 2013

Last Year Hot and This Year Snow

On March 25th last year we were at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical gardens taking pictures of their tulips. See one photo from last year. Nice.


This year we are waiting for the Spring snow to arrive and the tulips are not anywhere near what the above look like. Perhaps in about 4 weeks we will see them pop up.

I just put my lettuce seedlings under the lights and they are doing well. The garlic is looking good too, but boy have they been taking a beating from the cold or snow. However, that may make them tasty.

4 comments:

  1. Same thing here. Our Camilla is just now blooming but it bloomed in January last year. I'm beginning to think I don't know what normal is anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It is so gray here today and yesterday it was sunny and 50 degrees. I have pansies to plant, but perhaps that will be next week.

      Delete
  2. My tulips are no where to be seen - deer ate them all, and more snow coming tomorrow. Last year it was 70 degree the same week. Insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're in the middle of a massive snowstorm. Yuck. Almost a foot so far and it's still coming down. Luckily, nothing was blooming or budding yet, and we didn't even get the potatoes in yet.

    I'm so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete