We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, February 1, 2014

Antique Ornament Wreath

I love the antique ornament wreaths that I have been seeing on various blogs over the past few years. I first came across these at Georgia Peachez. Rumor has it that her wreaths go for up to $200. So I started to rummage through our old ornaments and decided to try my hand at making a wreath. I assumed that given my other commitments it would take weeks before I would get the thing completed. Plus, I started to look for silver garland to wrap the form with a few weeks ago. I was lucky to find 3 packs at Walmart at the bargain price of  97 cents. The only other items I bought were the wreath form and a few tiny ornaments for filling in the small space. All in all, I spent  around $7.00. Everything else I had.

Here is the finished product and frankly it only took about a couple of hours to make. It really is much more attractive in person and this photo does not do justice to the final product.


3 comments:

  1. Your antique ornament wreaths looks great with beautiful balls combined together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all. It was a lot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete