We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, October 24, 2015

Updates From The Garden

I know it has been a long time since my last post, but I do have updates. The garlic harvest was pretty good this year, the bulbs were not as large as other years, but we still have enough garlic stored for a year. A few weeks ago I planted a 4 x 6 foot bed with a new round of garlic. So far I have found that Music seems to be what I should stick with, so the entire bed is that.

I also cleaned out the beds and compost and manure has been added since my raised beds seem to loose soil and compost over time. Trying to find compost/ manure is a bit of a challenge in the city. I have to call around for it. I would love to find a good reliable source where I could buy it by the cubic yard.

The basil and tomatoes did well and my experiment with corn was not worth the real estate that I used. Every year I like to try something new and I had not planted corn in 35 years. It just did not produce. So next year I want to try a winter squash that is reasonably resistant to insects. That may be a challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment