We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Thursday, December 14, 2017

Easy Holiday Treat-Chocolate Bark

Of all of the cookies and candies that I have made, this is the easiest treat I have made over the years. It is chocolate bark and you can get pretty creative with it. I prefer to use Lindt Bittersweet Berne bar. This year it was a challenge to find, but I did track it down. The bar is 10.58 oz and is wrapped in gold foil. Some call it the Lindt Gold Bar.

 I break it up and slowly melt it in a double boiler. I then prepare a half sheet cookie tray by lining it with foil. Next I toast either walnuts or pecans that have been chopped. Once the chocolate has melted, I pour it into the prepared cookie tray and I tip the tray back and forth to evenly distribute the chocolate on the tray. I gently sprinkle the walnuts and pecans on top and then add dried fruit. This year I sprinkled raisins and on part of the tray dried ginger. The final touch was a sprinkle of  sea salt. Salted cashews would be great too.

Pop it into the refrigerator. Once it hardens, I peel the foil away and break it apart. Then store the bark in a metal tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment