We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, April 22, 2012

Garden Centers

There is a small garden center next to our grocery store--Jungle Jims. I told my husband to go ahead and start the grocery shopping while I stepped into the garden center. On my way in I said to him--I am just going to look. Who am I fooling. What gardener only looks. Well I came out with a Black Krim tomato plant for a $1 and 3 packs of hard to find seeds from Botanical Interest: Endive ( which I use in Italian Wedding Soup), Radicchio and Kale Italian Lacinato. I am saving these seeds to plant in the fall for late fall and winter harvest.

Frankly this little garden center is starting to really cater to the gardeners by carrying the hard to find items. One more new found gem.

4 comments:

  1. Black Krim for $1 is a steal! I"d come out with them too if it was here - it's 4.99 in our local nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find, and a great price for 'Black Krim'. The garden center does sound like a gem, lucku you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm new to your blog and I love to garden, I'm a pure amateur, but I experiment with something new every year! Last year it was radishes, and they were a huge success! Guess what's going in my garden after Memorial Day (zone 5)! I love to cook and have some great recipes in my eclectic blog!

    When you have a moment please stop by, I love company and new friends are always welcome! Have a great day!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary

    Welcome to my blog and I will stop by yours this week. I agree that it is a good idea to experiment every year with at least one garden idea or plant. I just came in from working in my raised beds.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete