Just planted the broccoli raab transplants and also planted seeds in the raised bed for succession planting. Here is a recipe that we make. It is very easy.
- Sausage with Broccoli Raab and Penne
- Basil and oregano, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil or more if needed
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound penne
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
1. Saute garlic and onion in the 1/4 cup olive oil until translucent. Then add sausage and saute until lightly brown. Add the basil and oregano. You may want to start out with a 1/2 teaspoon each of the dry version.
2.. Saute broccoli raab in a separate pan with a 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook penne according to package directions.
5. In a large serving dish, combine pasta, broccoli rabe and onion-garlic-sausage mixture. Toss well. You may want to drizzle a little olive oil while tossing. Top with grated cheese. Makes about 6 servings.