We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, April 21, 2012

Here Are The Responses To "Your Fav Tomato"

Here are the responses so far concerning "what is your favorite tomato?"

Tami at $500 Tomato responded with
I don't eat tomatoes (shocker!) but SM loves them. We're still in the process of discovery but last years Baker Creek German Red Strawberry was a hit with him. I noticed they didn't offer it last year as I need to save the seeds for sure this year.I'm trying several new ones this year and am most excited for the Amish Paste. I hear lots of wonderful things about it on  everybody's blogs. A good paste tomato is hard to find!

Stacy at Allotment Adventures of Plot 58 said

that's a hard choice to make there are SO many... i am growing 6 varietys this year a few new ones but my fav of laxt year would be alice Craig i loved it but my fav changes each year!


As I hear from others I will add their responses on this page of the blog!

Kris at Georgia Home Garden prefers the Roma. He is into making salsa etc

Here is what Jenny had to say at Simple Garden Made Easy:

Oh my. So many choices. I love brandywines - pink, red, black and yellow, Black Krim and Cherokee Purple - they are first to get planted. Then I have Yellow Pear for salad and snacking, Amish Paste and San Marzano for sauces (very meaty and little seed). This year I'm also trying about 20 new varieties to see if I'll like them - Mortgage Lifter, Rainbow, Black Pineapple (Ananas Noire) and Purple Calabash on my "can't wait to try them" list.



3 comments:

  1. I know this is a shocker, but me and my wife don't like tomatoes. We like salsa and tomato sauce, but don't like raw tomato slices.

    If I had to pick a favorite I would say just the standard Roma paste tomato. I mainly grow tomatoes for the fun of it and to give away to family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris - try growing Purple Cherokee just once and see if it's different in taste that you're used to :)

      Delete
  2. I love salsa. I look forward to you posting all about that.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete