We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February--Baking With Julia--White Bread

The bread was a piece of cake to make. However, I did take liberties with one of the loaves. I added a cinnamon swirl to one loaf, by mixing a half of cup of sugar with cinnamon to taste. I then stretched out the loaf with the palms of my hand and spread butter lightly over the 9 x 12 inch  dough, followed by the cinnamon sprinkled on top. It was then rolled up and placed in the loaf pan to rise.

I used the KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook, but the motor really started to grind and it became clear that this brand of  mixer cannot handle mixing two loaves of bread at once. So I kneaded it by hand.

My husband made grilled cheese sandwiches with the white bread, which also made wonderful toast. Of course, cinnamon bread toasted is always fabulous.

If you are interested in the recipe we all used just click at Someone's In The Kitchen blog
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Love cinnamon bread and so do my kids. Your loaves are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice loaves! I'm going to have to add a cinnamon swirl next time. Bet it'd make fabulous french toast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slush and Margaret --thank you so much for your comments. They are much appreciated and I can hardly wait to see what the March recipes will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love cinnamon bread. Used to make it when the kids were home. You just inspired me to start making bread again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the thick cinnamon swirl - I am sure the grilled cheese version wsa great too.

    ReplyDelete