We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Wednesday, February 29, 2012

News Flash -Meyer Lemon Tree Has First Flower

Although the Meyer Lemon has many buds ready to flower, here is the very first flower. The flower has a wonderful fragrance.  For those who have asked where I purchased it, just go to Four Winds Growers and click here for more information.

Thank you to the owner at the Growing Traditions Blog for inspiring me to make the purchase of this citrus tree. He made lemon marmalade from his lemons he picked from his Meyer and I thought perhaps I could do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first bloom! I sure do hope that my tiny little tree blooms this year! Thomas was also one of the gardeners who inspired me to purchase one last spring.

    ReplyDelete