We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, March 10, 2012

Blue Bird Bakery and Cafe and Gardening

My H and I went to the Blue Bird for lunch, where you can actually order homemade soups and sandwiches etc. Generally you will not see me in a fast food joint unless it is the last place around. We ordered the chicken curry sandwich ( 1/2) and lentil and bean soup. I had ordered lentil soup years ago and did not like it. So I decided it was time to give it another try, especially since the Blue Bird has never failed me in the soup department. Well it was wonderful and was filled with lots of vegetables, including mushrooms.

Since the weather was close to fifty, I finished planting the pansies in the flower boxes and the porch pot. Then I cleaned out the raised beds to get them ready to plant peas, radishes and spinach tomorrow. I just need to straighten the posts in the raised beds too.






No comments:

Post a Comment