We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, March 11, 2012

Peas. Spinach and Radishes and the Famous Lemon Tree

Today is very close to 70 and a perfect day for planting. So I headed out to the garden and planted peas, spinach and radishes. I checked the 15 day forecast and the highs will be in the mid 60s and the lows in general, will be in the  mid 40s, but there is a chance it could dip below that. So I have row cover on them, which protects not only from dips in the temperature, but from birds and rabbits who like to nibble at my gems.

I also started basil and eggplant indoors.

For those who have asked me about the Meyer Lemon, well drum roll-----it has lemons. Very itsy bitsy lemons. So itsy bitsy, my camera cannot pick them up yet. But as soon as it can, I will take a picture for all of you!


3 comments:

  1. We are having some really nice weather! I spent four hours at the old plots today digging up the buried chicken wire and removing some fencing and posts. It was so refreshing!

    I'm not sure when I am going to sow my peas here at the house. Last year I sowed them on March 20th. So, it won't be long! Yippeee!!

    My lemon tree has 1 blossom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that my garden is prepped, I'll be doing the same next weekend. If the forcast holds true, your seeds should be up in no time.

    I never realized how pretty the flowers on a lemon tree are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been good at growing basil. This year I am hoping that changes.

    ReplyDelete