We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cabbages Are Planted

I had a few moments and I was able to plant the cabbages. It makes it so much easier if the beds are ready to go and all I have to do is plant.

The weather for the next 15 days looks like mid April temps. It is unbelievable how warm it has been.
I keep thinking we are going to get hit by surprise in the weather department, but I can always cover what I have planted.

3 comments:

  1. I've never planted cabbage. I know you're in 6A and I'm borderline 8 so it's too hot too quick here. Maybe this fall I'll try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami--I have never had any problem with them. It sounds like the fall would make sense for you.

    My biggest challenge in the garden has been cucumbers and squash --the cucumber beetle infects them with bacterial wilt. Would love to know how to deal with them effectively. Year ago, I had more cucumbers and squash than any family could possibly use. Then the darn beetle found my garden. I am going to try planting them later in hopes that the beetle will go to the neighbors gardens first instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking the same thing with regard to the weather. It can't possibly stay this warm this early in the year.

    ReplyDelete