We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cucumbers Fail

My cucumbers will need to be pulled because the cucumber beetle has wreaked havoc.

 So I have replanted in a spot far away and will keep a row cover on it when it pops up. Plus I will keep my neem spray close by. What a disappointment.

5 comments:

  1. I LOATHE the cucumber beetle! Sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your cucumbers :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about your cucs. It seems like it's a pesty gardening year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan on growing a large amount of cucs are these beetles common around southern Texas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, but if they are you can try growing a resistant variety and spraying with neem. Good luck and tell us how your garden turns out!

      Lisa

      Delete