We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, June 10, 2012

Swiss Chard Question

Well I have a bounty of Swiss Chard. The good news is that this has exceeded my expectations. However, can you freeze Swiss Chard? If so, what is the most successful way you have found to do this? Thanks for all of your help.

2 comments:

  1. Yes you can freeze Swiss Chard. I blanch mine for a couple minutes...plunge in cold water...run through my salad spinner to dry and then I put them through my FoodSaver...pop in the freezer. I freeze them in 2 cup increments. I also dehydrate my Chard.

    ReplyDelete