We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Monday, June 25, 2012

Harvest Monday

The garden is starting to come into a full swing for harvesting.






Cabbage (3 pounds), carrots( 2 oz.) and lettuce ( 3oz)


Yellow wax beans which we will have for dinner tonight, along with cole slaw made with the cabbage.
 ( 4.45oz)


7 comments:

  1. Nice cabbage! Mine are still tiny, and wax beans are only now starting to bloom so will have to wait a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really beautiful harvest. I love the cabbage. I can't wait for ours to be ready. Hopefully our hot weather won't force them to bolt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Straight to the table! Fresh food! Fresh Food! My beans have yet to flower, so I am jealous of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice looking cabbage! Rabbits and squirrels got my early bean plants as well as my first cantaloupes, so it will be a while yet before I have more. They are evil and the traps are set now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wax beans...I haven't heard of those for years! They certainly look tasty :)

    ReplyDelete