We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Monday, June 18, 2012

Tuesdays With Dorie: Baking With Julia- French Strawberry Cake



This is a wonderful dessert. The actual cake is a genoise and this recipe called for one layer to be sliced so that there would be three layers. I baked this cake in a 6 inch pan with a removable bottom. But please note that I did not pour all of the batter into this pan, since the recipe called for an 8 inch pan. I probably left out about a cup of batter.The cake was not that difficult to make. I beat the batter with my KitchenAid with the whip attachment at medium speed for about 10 minutes.


Please visit our hosts for this month's recipe if you are interested in making this dessert. Our hosts will also post the recipe for the French Strawberry Cake if you would like to make this yummy creation Hosts are Sophia of Sophia’s Sweets and Allison of Sleep Love Think Dine.













 Even though I used a pan with a removable bottom, I still used a wax paper lining.


The strawberries were wonderfully ripe.




First I layered with strawberries and then whip cream.





I pipped the whipped cream on the cake with a star tip.



The finished product. Yes I would make it again.

25 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it more than I did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your genoise looks perfect!! No dipping at all! The strawberries look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of making a smaller one, but what did you do with the rest of the batter? It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd make it again as well, strawberries and cream are the perfect combination.
    Beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I appreciate you visiting my site.

      Delete
  5. Lisa, your cake came out perfect.

    ~ Carmen
    http://bakingismyzen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, you made one beautiful cake - the génoise is amazing, it looks perfectly risen and just wonderful! And the piping is very pretty!

    I agree that the cake was not difficult to make at all and I will make this cake again soon, as well.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea--you too have a wonderful week and I so love working with this baking group who have such creative and innovative ideas.

      Delete
  7. Lisa, your Genoise looks like a skyscraper...woow!
    and your cake is wonderfully creamy.
    Nice nice nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and the smaller pan really did the trick.

      Delete
  8. Your cake came out very beautifully! Glad you were pleased with your results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I served it at a dinner party and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

      Delete
  9. I think you had the right thought with using the smaller cake pan. You cake looks bakery perfect. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you decorated your cake! So pretty. I also baked mine in a 6" pan, but only did half a recipe so I wouldn't have leftover batter. You definitely had better luck than me, your cake looks super fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cake is so pretty. Good idea to use a smaller cake pan; easier to get more layers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Completely beautiful! Your strawberries look amazing as well, I had a hard time finding nice ones. It's only because I needed them though. I will find some great ones next week probably. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your genoise looks perfect! Mine wasn't nearly as light.

    ReplyDelete
  14. well i think you have the most perfect genoise so far! :) great job!

    ReplyDelete