- 1/2 lb spaghetti type pasta
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 8-10 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
Prep the tomatoes, garlic, etc-- before boiling the pasta.
Boil pasta while making the rest of the dish.
Saute garlic in olive oil.
Add tomatoes and cover, simmering for 7-10 minutes with the balsamic vinegar and seasonings until tomatoes fall apart.
Cut basil leaves and toss all ingredients together, including Parmesan cheese.
Serve additional Parmesan on the side, if desired
Can be served hot or even as a cold pasta dish the next day.