We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Monday, May 28, 2012

Photos Of Pizza Made With Jim Lahey's No Knead Pizza Dough



Dough after 18 hours  in the fridge and 2 hours on the counter.


 Kale, chard and basil from the garden that went on the pizza. I sauteed the kale and chard first.
This again was not a bumper crop, but it came to 3.45oz.

 Pizza with all of the toppings: onion, mushrooms, chard, kale and finely shredded parmesan cheese. Fresh basil was sprinkled on it after the pizza was taken out of the oven.



The finished product and it was delicious. It is a keeper of a recipe. For the recipe, scroll down to Jim Lahey's No Knead Pizza Dough.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I showed this to 2nd Man and he was intrigued. His first question was "how long did she bake it and at what temperature?" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I baked it at 500 degress for about 10 minutes. If you bake it on a pizza stone it should take about 7 minutes.

      Delete
  2. That looks really yummy! I haven't made pizza in ages; my oven has been out for over a year and I haven't been that keen on spending the money to fix it. and right now it's way too hot to turn it on anyway! Maybe I'll try a BBQ version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I'm a gonna make this!!! (With variations, I'm sure) But I love spinach and kale on pizza and can't wait to try Jim's pizza dough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! I've never had kale on pizza before, it looks really yummy. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete