We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Am A Winner

Must be my lucky season, because  I won a $50 target gift certificate and  I also picked up my 3 gallon knock out rose from Bloomin Gardens that I won for the best crittter garden story. The critter involved a family of raccoons. Yes an entire family who created havoc.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I picked up my first knockout roses this weekend too. I picked up four 1 gallon sized ones from Home Depot. Mine are actually the red "double" knockout roses. I got one in the ground yesterday and hope to plant the rest next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris I think you will enjoy them. They are very low maintenance.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris--another thought. If you have a place for a climbing rose, New Dawn is a favorite. I have always found it very easy to take care of. I never had to spray it and it had many flowers. We had to take ours down because we were re-landscaping, but I really should have tried to save it.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I am late to the party on this knockout rose craze sweeping the nation. Down here they are planted everywhere, and I was surprised they were only invented in the year 2000. My neighbor put in a couple a few years ago and I have enjoyed watching them bloom.

    ReplyDelete