We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, May 13, 2012

Garden Update--Rain All Day

There will be no gardening today unless I like playing in the mud. The weather report is for rain all day and so far that is exactly what it has done. We have been fortunate because we have had rain weekly, so we have not had to water the garden.

I looked out the window and the cabbages that appear to be on steroids appear to  have grown overnight even more. These things are amazing. My H asked me what I was going to do with all the cabbage and so I really had to think about it. Well there is:

Cole slaw
Cabbage rolls
Cole slaw
Cabbage rolls

I need some help with more really good cabbage recipes. At least the cabbage rolls can be frozen.

5 comments:

  1. I have no idea how to make homemade sauerkraut. Can you recommend a good recipe or url link to one. However, I do really like it in the fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It rained all night and all day today for me too. We needed it so bad in my area, I can't wait to see the garden grow from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a slaw recipe that can be frozen--my ex-MIL used to make it every year and it's really good...has an oil/vinegar dressing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have that recipe If you have it, I will post it with a link to your blog:)

      Delete