We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Great Gardening Shows

Recently I thought what happened to the old gardening shows such as Crockett's Victory Garden that used to be on WGBH out of Boston. I would watch it every Saturday years ago. Tried as I might, I could not find DVDs that I could purchase. The current Victory Garden is ok, but it certainly is not what the original started out as.

Then I recalled this fabulous show called the 3000 Mile Gardener that WGBH showed. It took the book and created a series out of it. I thought wouldn't it be great if they would show re-runs of this. Then my mind wondered to what Leslie Land the author was doing today. I found her fascinating blog that I thought you might be interested in.
http://leslieland.com/2012/03/building-an-outdoor-bread-oven-part-two/

Finally the only show that I could find that was an  old world garden type show was from BBC2 that first aired in the late 1980s :Victorian Kitchen Garden. You can watch it on you tube at this link.
http://beekman1802.com/garden/victorian-kitchen-garden.html

What gardening shows do you like?




3 comments:

  1. Funny a couple of weeks ago I was searching for The Victory Garden videos too. I used to watch it when I was a kid. It's such a waste of good information that they don't have them available somewhere! I like to listen to You Bet Your Garden on the radio and sometimes listen to shows that I missed on WHYY's web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suburban Gardeness ---I listen to You Bet Your Garden and the Garden Guys and I must have about 9 different gardening radio progroms I download on my mp3 and listen to in the car. But I would love to have the Old Victory Garden back on as reruns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want This Old HOouse and The (original) Victory Garden on DVD so badly!!

    ReplyDelete