We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesdays With Dorie:Baking With Julia-Hungarian Shortbread

Next week I will post a detailed post with pictures concerning one of the May recipes  for TWD:BWJ which is Hungarian Shortbread. What I can tell you so far is that it is a heavenly recipe and very rich--can we say lots of butter.  Plus it is easy to make. It is one of those recipes that I would make once a year to share with a crowd., perhaps as a Holiday or Christmas bar.

More to come next week.

2 comments:

  1. My family loved it too!!! Can't wait to see all the results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mireia we have just 2 bars left. Everyone really has loved these, but I cut them into 1 x 1 1/2 inch bars and only made half of the recipe. I baked it in a 11 x 7 pan. I ended up with about 36 servings. Baking this in an 8 x 8 would have produced a bar that was way to thick. Plus I decreased the sugar by 25%.

    ReplyDelete