We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kale and Weeds

It has been so warm that we have weeds coming up. So I spent  time dealing with them when they are small. You know-a step in time says nine or more.... I also transplanted the kale. This is the first time that I have tried kale. Cute little plants.




                                                               Kale


                                   
                                                              Foxglove



                                               
                                                       Photo Courtesy of Swallow Tail Gardens            



I also went to Rahn's Greenhouse and could not resist purchasing 2 foxgloves. The photo I took was taken straight down and does not really show off the flowers best features. But it is a beauty, plus deer hate the plant. Can't beat that.

3 comments:

  1. I've never done kale either. I'm not sure if I'll like the taste. Seems that everyone grows it though. Maybe this fall.

    If you hate thinning carrots like I do, spend some time a create seed mats. Paper towel, elmers glue and place your seeds where you want them. Cover with light soil and Ta Da! Works VERY well

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a Versatile Blogger Award : ).

    http://www.auntietreats.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great but what is the Versatile blogging award and does it have a badge that goes with it that I can post???

      Delete