We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Monday, April 30, 2012

A Nursery Can Suck Me Right In

I wanted to stop by Gear's Nursery to pick up a Mortgage Lifter Tomato plant since they were the only place nearby who had them. I never stopped in at Gear's in the Spring because I guess I didn't need to when Delhi Garden Center was up the street from us. Delhi moved--boooo who--but I have found other places such as Rahn's, Natorp's and now Gear's .

No gardener can ever go in and buy just a tomato plant. I walked into their nursery and it was astounding. My jaw dropped and the owner must have thought I had never been in a nursery before. I was just too excited. They have stunning plants and they grow most of their own. That is when I saw it. The Pink Parfait Peony. It is a double peony and I tried to back away, but it kept calling for me. The owner asked if he could help me and that is when we got into the peony conversation. I love peonies. So in the end, you guessed it, I now have a peony to plant. It has 5 blooms that have not opened yet, but I will take a picture of it when it does. Here is an example of the flower. Very pretty.



 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I also planted several peonies this year and have 3 from previous plantings so I hope one day have a full blooming garden. This year only 2 will bloom and one is pink so I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may go back and buy more. I just realized that we have enough space to do a full large border in the back lot line. Now wouldn't that be something.

    ReplyDelete