We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Monday, May 7, 2012

Harvest Monday-Lettuces and Radishes

Assorted lettuces and radishes. The first true harvest of the season. It was delicious  We made a salad and a homemade vinaigrette and tossed as a salad. We rarely buy salad dressing anymore because we have found it is so easy to make and at least we know what is in the dressing. Typically I will do a vinaigrette of 1 part red wine vinegar and 3 parts olive oil and a smashed clove of garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake it up in a Ball jelly jar and refrigerate for the week.


2 comments:

  1. lovely salad; hope all of your other plants are doing well and your peas perk up. We are going to be 102 on Thurs so I'm just letting the rest of my peas go to seed.

    ReplyDelete