We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, May 19, 2012

June Recipes For Tuesdays With Dorie: Baking With Julia

As many of you know I am a member of the  Tuesdays With Dorie: Baking With Julia  baking group. The June recipes have been posted at the TWD:BWJ blog and they are the following
June 5 – Oasis Naan on page 149
June 19 – French Strawberry Cake  on p. 273

If you have The Baking With Julia Cookbook the recipes can be found at the above pages.
I plan to make the French Strawberry Cake for a special dinner. The cake is a genoise and only one layer pan is baked. It is then sliced into 3 layers.

A genoise is a whole egg cake and it does not rise because of whipped egg whites or chemical leavening agents, but the air that is retained in the whole egg and sugar mixture that has been beaten until it has tripled in size. Glad that I have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. This is a very elegant cake and the layers will be filled have fresh sliced strawberries and a sweetened  cream and sour cream that has been whippped,

Stay tuned for my post in June with pictures of course,.

No comments:

Post a Comment