We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Monday, May 28, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot

I went for my walk this AM around 6:45 and I thought wow it seems pretty darn warm compared to yesterday morning around the same time. When I got back, my husband asked how it was and I said if you going on one of your 20 mile bike rides you better get out their now. So he headed out and I decided to plant the 3 gallon rose bush I won.
Ok this is where the digging of the hole for the rose bush turned into a battle. I hit a rock that seemed like a bolder. Ultimately I got this 2 foot by 1 foot by 6 inch pain out. Of course now it is about 80 degrees, and humid, but  the rose was positioned and gently watered.
Now I am in the house drinking ice tea at 8:45 am. I typically do not drink tea at this time of the day, but it certainly hit the spot.

3 comments:

  1. Once summer hits, all my outside work has GOT to be done by 10am or I'm toasted! Have a nice M-Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Hot here, too... I already watered at 7 AM and am dreading having to go out and pull weeds in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about the heat! It was very hot this morning when I went out to my garden! I can't imagine how warm it will be later in the heat of the day! Happy Gardening and Keep Cool! Mindy

    ReplyDelete