We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, May 5, 2012

Natorp's--Black Friday of Gardening Sales

I am glad that my husband and I showed up at 7 am this morning at the Natorp sale which is like the Black Friday of gardening sales. The doors opened then and there was still enough parking spaces, but I was concerned that big carts might be tough to find. I found the carts and off I went. This was the first time I had attended this sale. What fun. Very organized and when they said the coffee and doughnuts were over there, my husband's face lit up.Thanks Natorp's: the coffee was a great plus and my husband enjoyed the fresh doughnuts.

We were there about 45 minutes and I bought flats of impatiens, petunias and other annuals, along with a 3 cu foot bag of fertilone soiless mix. They even had help to load items into you car. Wow. By the time we left, the parking lot was packed and was going into overflow parking. It was great to see so many gardeners.

This was well worth it and I will be back!




2 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you had a great day! My husband would have enjoyed the coffee and doughnuts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela we really enjoyed ourselves and I can hardly wait until next year to do it again. What I didn't tell everyone was that it started to rain like crazy, but that didn't stop any of us. What's a downpour? We gardeners love the rain.

    ReplyDelete