We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cucumbers: Round 2

Ok, I had to pull up my cucumbers that I planted in May because they were diseased. So that was not going to stop me. I planted news seeds a week and a half ago and they are now sprouting. This time I planted them in a large container and have a very fine netting (tulle) that I bought at the fabric store that has been placed over them. Hopefully this will keep all the bugs that infect with wilt away from them. Since they are Diva seeds, pollination is not suppossed to be an issue and I can leave the bridal veil ( tulle) on them forever.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with my cucumbers as well! I had to replant and am hoping for the best! Best of luck with yours and Happy 4th of July! Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mindy and I will keep everyone posted on the progress. Good luck to you too.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete