We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, July 14, 2012

Great And Easy Salad

I had a bagful of tomatoes of various kinds : Mortgage lifter, Cherokee purple, Goliath etc. What to do, what to do?

So I chopped them up, along with a cucumber and a small amount of onion, and a touch of fresh basil. Then I sprinkled about 4 oz or so of feta on top and poured  a homemade garlic vinaigrette dressing  over it and popped it in the fridge.

My husband and I had this for lunch. There is nothing like tomatoes from the garden. Easy and delicious.

3 comments:

  1. How was Morgage and Goliath on taste? I know CP already but haven't tried others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Mortgage Lifter Jenny for a salad. Goliath, I prefer on a sandwich. However, it worked out well mixing all of these tomatoes together in a salad.

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! I am patiently waiting for my cherokee purples to ripen. :)

    ReplyDelete