We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fall Planting and Daylillies

I planted basil last week and it is coming up. I just cleaned out half of a bed and planted more bush beans. My second planting of bush beans from a few weeks ago are about 10 inches high and they look great. While I was at it I planted the last of the basil seeds that I had. Next week I plan to sow swiss chard since I have space for that now.

I also have a small melon and I hope my melon crop will be successful. We will see.

This morning I trimmed back all of our daylillies practically down to the ground. By the time I was finished, the huge garbage container was filled to the brim. It is worth doing this, because  it will help these plants bloom again in the fall. Besides it was a great work out. It took me over an hour to complete this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment