We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Monday, July 30, 2012

Harvest Monday


Carrots and tomatoes are still being harvested. There is one onion that I decided to try. My onions still need time in the ground obviously. However, for now this is the last of the cabbages. I have replanted beans for a second go round since I have pulled up all the bean plants from this harvest. I have harvested over 6 pounds of cabbage. Plus,  a pound of carrots and over a pound of tomatoes. As far as the beans, I did not write down the amount harvested.










11 comments:

  1. Your carrots look perfect! Great harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ripe red tomato and those beautiful carrots are picture perfect. Is there a reason you pulled up your bush beans after the harvest? I usually get several pickings from a patch before they start waning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice harvest and your carrots are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks really good, especially the carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowie! That all looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such perfect looking carrots and so orange! The cabbage looks pretty fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice harvest. My onions didn't make much this year - keep 'em growing!

    ReplyDelete