We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Monday, July 2, 2012

Harvest Monday

The garden is all about cabbage, beans and lettuce for now. The cabbage is a 3 pounder and we will use it for cole slaw on the 4th of July. The beans, I pick as I need them,  and this is enough for two of us with a 4 oz. harvest.













So far the lettuce continues to grow in a rather  shady area and has not start to bolt even in this very hot weather.
Daphne's Dandelions is the host for Harvest Monday, where you can share links to your harvest for the week. Please visit her blog and leave a link, so we can have fun viewing your harvest photos!


6 comments:

  1. Very nice looking beans and cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cabbage and colorful beans. I'm going to have to find a shady spot for some lettuce next year. Ours is all gone this year, it bolted in the hot sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coleslaw on the Fourth is a great way to celebrate using garden produce too. Good work keeping the lettuce going in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have no idea how much longer the lettuce will continue to be edible with this heat. But so far so good. I just harvested some more last night.

      Delete
  4. Oh lucky you with the lettuce! I have a little experimental patch but haven't had a chance to pick any this week, maybe this morning...

    ReplyDelete