We live in zone 6a and I have been gardening and cooking for years. This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my success and those failures that come about on occasion. Plus, I want to hear from all the gardeners and bakers and cooks out there and learn from you. Feel free to share your ideas.







Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ice Cream

I have not made ice cream in years. Granny at Annie's Kitchen Garden inspired me to do so with her post from yesterday.So I pulled out the old Waring Ice cream machine and turned it on. At first nothing happened and I thought well perhaps it is time to toss the thing. Then all of a sudden I heard the wherr of the machine. Eureka, it was working. I decided to make a low-fat vanilla:

4 cups 2% milk
1 scant cup of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix the above together well and add it to the ice cream can and start the ice cream machine according to the directions.

 Although the directions state you can use any fat content milk or even skim milk, I would not try skim milk. I used 2%.


I also made the blueberry nectarine pie from my June 25 recipe post. Instead of putting a top crust on the pie, I cut out 2 1/2 inch stars on the rolled out crust and placed them on top for the 4th of July. Since I belong to the Tuesdays With Dorie: Baking with Julia group, I can't post pictures of this month's baking adventure until the end of the month. But what I can tell you is that it looks very festive!

Tomorrow I will be making my sister-in-law's (Theresa) baked beans. They are the only baked beans I like and I will post the recipe. So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment